I need an "Idiot's Guide to Theosophy"

Nov 07, 1997 01:04 PM
by kymsmith

I'm confused (indeed a rarity, I know).  In "A Study in Consciousness" by my
dear friend Annie Besant, she talks about how occultists often caution those
who love animals to not, through their actions, end up bringing the
now-individual animal monad into a human incarnation too soon.  She doesn't
say exactly what actions would do this - if she does, it whizzed by me.

Now, how would that be possible?  What physical or mental action could cause
a monad to incarnate into a form when not ready?  I know there's much
discussion on this - but it still eludes me.  Sometimes, I read poetry to
one of my cats, Lillith - she loves it. . .bad thing?  The neighbor next
door dresses her little dog in frilly pantaloons. . .tacky, yes. . .but it
this going to send this dog into "humandom?"  Sometimes, I feed my dogs
"human" food - makes them a bit chunky around the middle. . .but am I
causing a cosmic rumble?

And, how is it possible for anything to incarnate prematurely - would not
the vibes of the monad and the form have to mesh?  And if they can, how do
they ever "catch-up?"  And, isn't someone minding the store here?  Who's
going to help those who shouldn't be here yet - the Elementals? - and where
were they before this mess happened?

If even God if unable to construct a universe where things can't slip
through the cracks, nay, a universe that doesn't even have cracks. . .how
can I possibly trust anything?

Time for cupcakes. . .one always thinks more clearly after consuming this
oh-so-tasty lump of lard.  Sometimes, I think. . .that commercial bakery,
Hostess, is the only one who really cares. . .

Kym