Enclosures

Oct 29, 1997 07:45 AM
by Nicole Suter

To Titus: Thank you for the random potpourri. I feel somehow
speachless about the inspirations my comments made. I guess
it could be a good idea if you help me to understand a little better.

"It is part of our nature to build enclosures.  Enclosures, like all things,
have good and bad uses."

I had to look up the word "enclosures" because I use this when I mail
out a letter and enclose something. Are you referring to enclosure
as  a compound for an animal?

"On the high side, they enable individuals, groups of people, or nations
to have a unique identity."

I believe that each of us is an individual with an individual identity.
Groups of people or nations never have an unique identity but have
a collective unconsiousness. If I meet a group for instance and do not
feel comfortable there after three of four meetings I excuse myselves
and don't go back anymore.

"We are all looking for a frame to put around the picture of our Selves."

That's an important thing to do.

"Enclosures can be protective in that they exclude thoughts, influences, or
people that would be interfere with the unfolding of that identity."

I agree 100 % but not with the word "enclosures" if its meaning is defined
in the sense of my first question.

"They can be harmful if they are cruelly separative."

Could you explain this please - how do you mean that?

"I don't know about you, but if I'm flying or driving across the border of a
different state or country, I can "feel" the change"

So can I. There is another smell, another view, something different in
the air etc. - I love to feel this.

"Animals seem to have a sense of territory and perhaps build their own
etheric enclosures."

Maybe I misunderstood you, but this sounds a bit as if the " etheric enclosure"
of the animal is valued higher than your own as a human beeing ...

"A person's aura is a form of enclosure. It is protective, but also enables a
person to hear their own thoughts."

>From what I have learned, aura refers to charisma which is of course
protective.

"Sometimes I wonder if it gets "stuck" in some peculiar protective reflex
mode."

I wondered about this too and I guess this is what's happening when
somebody steels your psychic energy.

"Have you ever been in a store or in a crowd where you seem to be "invisible"?
You can't seem to catch anyone's attention."

I know this feeling very well - to me it happens when the energy loss due to
sickness goes down to 55 %.

Peace,

Nicole