Good-bye for a while

Oct 18, 1997 05:44 AM
by A. Safron

Hello folks!

I'm going to be absent for a while as I have to deal
with some other things in my life.

It is true that after my membership to TS
expires in March, I will not renew.  I have
no bad feelings towards TS, I just happen to
live in the wrong place.  Olcott, the Co-Masons,
the single lodge I used to belong to, a suburban study group, are all
an hour or more driving time away.  I started my own
study group, as secretary, but had to resign
for health reasons this year.  I feel there isn't
any way to connect with an organization I am
paying dues to.  And as for moving - well, I'm
married to a man who is legally blind and needs
public transportation and nearby stores to
function normally.  There are no such things
near Olcott or anywhere in the suburbs of Chicago.

As I said, I live in the wrong place to participate in
anything currently available at TSA.  Considering
the time and energy I would have to put into driving,
it just didn't seem worth it anymore,especially when
I was almost killed by a drunk driver on the way to
Olcott on dark night in January of this year.

KPJ has been urging me to rejoin the ARE for some
time and I have done so.  I will return to the list at
some point in the future.

Those of you who have my private email address,
feel free to correspond.

Many blessings to all,

A. Safron