Re: Crowley, Flowers and Hitler

Oct 10, 1997 07:50 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

Dr. A.M.Bain wrote:

> In message <199710100746.AAA39996@scv2.apple.com>, Tim Maroney
> <maroney@apple.com> writes
> >Spiritualism, the great under-acknowledged
> >ancestor of modern occultism and Theosophy.
>
> A big AMEN to that!

	I have read the works of Conan Doyle, the works of Erich "Harry
Houdini" Weiss, as well as the correspondence between them. The major
problem with the Spiritualist movement was that it was born in fraud,
and its rules almost explicitly invited frauds to join. And Greshem's
Law (sp?) holds.

	Bart Lidofsky