Re: HPB and scientists

Sep 28, 1997 03:28 PM
by Tim Maroney

>>We're rapidly getting to the point where experiments to prove new
>>theories in particle physics will require more energy than is available
>>in the measurable universe.

>Very true.

I don't agree. It assumes a simplistic extension of current methods.
Scientists are busily working to come up with more efficient particle
accelerators and more precise measurement tools. Improvements in
astronomy also allow the energies present in the universe to become the
empirical basis for better particle physics. I am confident that today's
predictions about physics devolving into mere speculation will seem as
risible a century from now as statements about the end of invention in
Blavatsky's day seem today.

--
Tim Maroney    tim@maroney.org    http://www.maroney.org