Re: on Rules and Yoga

Sep 24, 1997 11:43 AM
by ramadoss

At 01:09 PM 9/24/97 -0400, Bart Lidofsky wrote:
>A. Safron wrote:
>
>> IMHO he was rejecting the TS at that point in time.  It was getting
pretty wild with
>> CWL running around in a purple dress, initiations being handed out
willy-nilly,
>> and everyone expecting K to give them enlightenment.  No wonder he ran for
>> hills.  If he did reject "all" organizations, it was on the basis of what
he'd
>> already experienced.
>
>	True. I, however, like to make the following comparison: If you live
>in, say, New York City, and wish to climb Mt. Everest, a ship won't take
>you to the top. But it can be very useful in getting you close enough
>that you can actually try. Now, Krishnamurti is sort of like a guy who
>swam the Atlantic Ocean by himself, made the trek all the way to Mt.
>Everest, and then climbed it. He says, "You don't need any vehicles to
>climb Mt. Everest, and no vehicle will get you to the top of Mt.
>Everest." This does not mean that a vehicle can't be extremely helpful
>in getting you part, or even most, of the way there.

I don't think that at any time K himself said that he made all the arduous
effort like swimming the Atlantic Ocean and climbing Everest.

On the other hand, he had once mentioned that while Columbus had to make the
difficult trip by ship from Europe to the US, a intelligent man/woman can
take the airplane and quickly and comfortably make the journey. According to
him, one can instantly come up "enlightenment" or understanding or whatever
it is that is beyond time and space. Also he was very emphatic that no
organization can help one to come to Truth.

mkr