Karma

Sep 24, 1997 10:14 AM
by Bart Lidofsky

Jaqtarin Samantha Triele wrote:

> I have to agree with Dennis' theory on the existence of both a personal
> and collective karma.  Collective karma is fairly easy to understand on a
> physical level, and a good allegory is:  If you are unkind to one person,
> they will be more likely to be unkind to others, and those others will do
> likewise.  On a karmic level, the results of all acts are thrown into a
> collective pool, both negative and positive.  By results, I mean negative
> or positive.  Now, I don't believe that karma stores causes.  In other
> words, collective karma is quite simply a pool of negative and positive
> energies.

	My concept of karma is that it is the force/energies/whatever that
maintains what appears to be separateness in the universe. Actions or
inactions can either promote or help to remove this separateness. If one
acts/fails to act in a way that supports the separateness, then one
increases the amount of effort it will take to remove it. This is true
whether one is an individual, a group, a race, etc. As this concept was
reasonably close to the concept originally represented by the term,
"karma", the Mahatmas used it, although there were some significant
differences.

	Bart Lidofsky