History upload

Sep 23, 1997 03:47 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

I am uploading to the HISTORY directory on the website below (Click on
DIRECTORY then HISTORY a file named besdefam.txt.  This gives the text
of the 8th May 1913 decision of the Presidency Magistrates Court,
Georgetown regarding defamation charges brought by Annie Besant against
two Indian journals and their editors.

The charges made by her arose from the Leadbeater affair, and she lost
both cases.

The file is best imported into a full page word processor, as I used
Wordperfect 7 to edit and spellcheck it.

Alan