Re: Karma and the Victorian Mind

Sep 21, 1997 06:01 AM
by A. Safron

----------
> From: Drpsionic@aol.com
> To: Multiple recipients of list <theos-l@vnet.net>
> Subject: Karma and the Victorian Mind
> Date: Saturday, September 20, 1997 2:05 PM
>
>snip<
>
> So what we have with karma is this ancient idea cobbled together to control a
> society that was adopted in the vain hope of controlling another that cannot
> be proven and is impossible to explain in any coherint fashion and which
> cannot be enforced upon anyone.

As far as I can see, the Victorianism still is a apart of TSA.  It certainly is
in the acceptance of CWL and other writers, who are out of tune with
the times.  People are give books that seem to be from 1890 and asked
to study them.  The TSA has had a hard task in updating this material, if it
ever can.

What really gets me, is when the TS keeps yelling it has nothing to do with
the "New Age", as if this sanitizes them from the crazies of today.  What
about the crazies of yesterday that were quite evident in TS?

It's as if they were damning themselves by saying "we're the Old Age."

A. SAfron