Re: Karma

Sep 14, 1997 11:12 PM
by libidia

Doss, you wrote:
> What do I do after I reach nirvana?
You're jossing me right?  You know darn well I can't verbalize that
yet!!!  I'm struggling with astral travel, with being called into other
time periods, with having visions and not knowing what to do with them,
with being communicated with by trees, and by trying to "keep my feet on
the ground" so that I can keep my job at the same time as studying every
spiritually related thing I can get my hands on.  And, as I no longer
trust myself to remember precisely what I have read or heard, I had to
crack the books to answer you.
Nirvana (Buddhism):  "following an experience of the unsatisfactory
nature of all phenomena and tremendous physical pain followed by a state
of effortless insight, nirvana is attained when consciousness ceases to
have an object.  Freedom from the wheel of becoming, no more karma
accumulated, no need for rebirth to the physical world."
Are we on the same wavelength?

Beyond Nirvana:  "Nirodh, absolute cessation of consciousness.
Metabolism drops to minimal level necessary to maintain physical life."
(finding this surprised me, I had thought Nirvana was the "end" of the
process)
I have not yet personal experience of either.  Have you?

Sounds like a spiritual OBE or an NDE.  Apparently the life and
personality changes of the returning subject are similar.  Apparently
was attained by some ancients, some Egyptians and yogis.

What do *you* do when you reach it?  I think I think what you do is
entirely up to you.  I think you manifest your own infinite destiny.
Maybe you would burst into a trillion million pieces and join with the
elements of the universe.  Maybe you would return and be a "master" to
help others.  I'm almost sure whatever you did would be exactly right
for your"self" and creation.

You also wrote:
> I am quite happy that I have something to do every minute of my day, and my
> life is not dull at all and enjoy every minute of it?
I am little at a loss to respond to this and wondering why you appear to
have taken what I said personally.  Here's two thoughts:
1.  My apparent judgement call was a personal frustration (still) with
"texts" that often appear to go round in circles, sometimes appear to
say nothing and are even contradictory in some places. (Remember my goal
is to "do it" in this lifetime).
2.  (gulps and refuses to accept fear) Dear Doss, don't lower yourself
to defend either yourself or your life choices to an idiot like me, how
ever much you feel called to assist the "lost" :)  Take care.  Annette