Re: Criminals & Victims

Sep 11, 1997 08:09 AM
by Bart Lidofsky

kymsmith@micron.net wrote:
> Why do we "have to ask 'why' such and such a person?" - "Why that night?" -
> How can we possibly know what has gone on in a person's life to be able to
> judge why they were victims of crime?  Oh, and believe me, a person who is a
> victim of a crime continually asks "Why me?"
>
> Your paragraph, Jerry, is to me, an example of how easy it is for the "karma
> theory" to get ugly.

	The way out of this is simple. The fact that someone has karma coming
to them does not confer the right to deliver the karma onto anybody
else. A good example in religious literature is the lesson of Judas:
Jesus was supposed to be crucified, yet Judas was still damned for
betraying him.

	Bart Lidofsky