Choices as Karma Makers

Sep 06, 1997 02:50 PM
by Jerry Schueler

>To say that we are condemned to be burned by the mere act of making any
choice
>is a little too gloomy and fatalistic for me.  For one thing, I know of
many
>counter examples; for another, there has to be something more than
perpetual
>burning in store for us.

It may be gloomy, but I think it is true. Choices make karma, no
matter which choice you make. The gods don't make choices, and
neither do animals (at least very often). Rather, they act in line
with their inner Self nature. This is pretty much what Adepts
do as well. When you are compassionate by nature, your choices
are very limited in what you can do, but then again, you produce
less karma.

Jerry S.
Member, TI