Re: Rules

Sep 05, 1997 03:06 PM
by Eldon B Tucker

Chuck:

You mention that ...

>Rules serve only to create control mechanisms for people.  Those who like to
>promulgate them do so only because of the pleasure they get out of
>controlling other people, no matter what the psuedo-spiritual garbage they
>may try to cloak them in.  The only way to deal with such people is to break
>their rules and flaunt that breaking in their presence.
>
>They sputter so nicely and there are few things more fun that watching the
>collective impotence of a roomful of self-righteous baboons faced with the
>reality that they are being ignored.
>
>And as far as spiritual teachers go, they're all liars and frauds anyway, so
>who cares what they think?

This is a one-sided slant on things for intended dramatic effect, not a
balanced statement. Take the opposite slant:

----

Rules serve only to optimize the greatest good for all people. Those who like
to oppose them do so only because of the pleasure they get out of rebelling
against the common good, no matter what the psuedo-liberation garbage they
may try to cloak themselves in. The only way to deal with such people is to
shackle them and flaunt their captivity in their presence.

They scream no nicely and there are few things more fun than watching the
collective impotence of a cell full of self-seeking con artists faced with
the reality that they are being restrained.

And as far as liberators go, they're all liars and frauds anyway, so who
cares what they think?

----

Is either slant true? Not exactly. They're both half-truths. There are
*some* rules I hope you follow whenever I'm in Chicago, like driving
on the correct side of the road and stopping for red lights.

-- Eldon