Re: alone & judgement

Sep 01, 1997 10:48 AM
by Drpsionic

>But Chuck, after paying you the most, of the two, she would then be the
>poorest, so that in killing the other, you would be throwing the poor
>baby into poverty created by yourself and probably a childhood with a
>neurotic mother.  So, the initial abundance presented to you would have
>been diminished by your decision.  No can accept, even in jest.
>AR

I didn't say I would keep the money, after all, king solomon had gold coming
out of his ears (which must have looked pretty silly).  The other option
would have been to have both women executed and sold the child to the local
used baby dealer (a common profession in them thar' ancient days).

You see, the problem was not who was the real mother, who even who would be
the best mother.  The problem from the standpoint of the king is that their
brawling was disturbing the neighbors and thus the peace of the kingdom.
 Solomon's solution makes a nice, sentimental story, but I think Vlad the
Impaler would have solved the problem in a much more entertaining manner.

Now, if you had asked me to view it as a Roman Emporer, my answer would have
been to have the women fight to the death in the arena for it.

Chuck the Heretic