Re: Glimmer of hope!

Aug 29, 1997 08:52 PM
by ramadoss

MKR writes:

It was so nice of you to have taken the time to write your detailed
response. All of us are immensely benefitting by what you have said.

By the way, I am somewhat familiar with HPB and her writings, even though I
would consider myself more as a rookie in all Theosophical matters.

Having grown up with computers for quite some time, I clearly see the
potential of Internet medium to help make theosophy accessible to the world.
Even though I grew up with computers, until I signed on to Internet and
started participating in the theos-l maillist (which is the grand dad of all
theosophical maillists and set up by an individual and not in any way
directly or indirectly supported or controlled by any Theosophical
organization and is totally free of any controls, editing, review etc -
called "moderated" in the technical computer slang) I could not first hand
fully understand its capabilities in terms of its potential to do an
outstanding job in helping disseminate Theosophy around the world.

The maillists also help exchange ideas, seek information from those who are
"experts"  in specific fields etc and it has immensely helped the
participants including myself.

Again, your posts have been of much help to me and others would confirm this
as well.

MKR

PS: BTW, have you tried subscribing to theos-l, theos-news, theos-buds,
theos-roots, theos-tech, ti-l -- all theosophical maillists? they all have a
different flavor and especially theos-l has heavy traffic.