Re: Baltimore experience

Aug 29, 1997 07:37 AM
by Bart Lidofsky

K. Paul Johnson wrote:

> Dear Vincent,
>
> Glad it wasn't you.  I've been talking to the lodge at least
> once a year from 1990 onwards.  Would guess that this occurred
> in 1993 or 94, but am not sure.
>
> This was the only instance of such nastiness I ever saw in any
> TS setting.  The culprit was actually a ULT member and not a
> lodge member if I recall correctly, and hasn't been seen in
> a while.

	In the New York Lodge of TSA, there is a LOT of cross-membership. At
one point, it was actively encouraged (not that it is discouraged, now,
simply not on the front burner). We have a number of Arcane School
members, as well. The key is remembering that each group has a different
basic philosophy, and while one is welcome to tell the membership about
the philosophies of the other groups, one must respect the philosophy of
the group with whom you happen to be at the time.

	Bart Lidofsky