Re: More on Cats

Aug 29, 1997 07:34 AM
by Bart Lidofsky

A. Safron wrote:

> ----------
> > From: Jerry Schueler <gschueler@netgsi.com>
> > Subject: More on Cats
> > Date: Tuesday, August 26, 1997 6:41 PM
> >
> > Please don't use PETA as a reference. Those folks are against ALL
> > pets period and are a radical group as far as I am concerned.
> >
> I once joined PETA.  Then they sent me a HUGE BOOK that sounded
> like a radical manifesto that I couldn't agree with.  I wrote them and
> cancelled my membership.

	Though there is a body among Theosophists who believe that the PETA
line is part of ahimsa, and that their attitude is very theosophical.
Those who have read Blavatsky's lesser-known works would know that
Blavatsky, at least, would not agree. They do some good work, but they
also act as a press arm for the REALLY radical animal-rights
organizations (the ones who bomb entire medical research labs because
one experiment involving animals is taking place).

	Bart Lidofsky