More on Cats

Aug 26, 1997 04:02 PM
by Jerry Schueler

>The Humane Society of the United States and People for the Ethical
>Treatment of Animals both agree that the practice of professional
>breeding contributes to the exploitation and overpopulation of animals.

Not when all cats are altered before they are sold.  We alter ALL kittens
for sale, at 12 weeks. This is very much in line with the Humane Society
but most vets are opposed to it (because it costs them money) and it
is hard to find a good vet who will do it. We currently have many many
breeders disliking us because of our strong stand on this--we sell at
rock-bottom prices and with altering included, and still make a small
profit. We also did this years ago with Shelties and had other Sheltie
breeders against us. Oh well.

Please don't use PETA as a reference. Those folks are against ALL
pets period and are a radical group as far as I am concerned.

Jerry S.
Member, TI