Baltimore, Vince?

Aug 26, 1997 05:55 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

One of my few unpleasant experiences in a TS meeting was in
Baltimore with a guy named Vince.  Since our new addition Vince
mentioned that lodge, I'll tell the story:

I'd just spoken on some numerological theme; might have been
Seven in Isma`ili Esotericism, but I can't remember.  What I do
remember vividly is a guy named Vince who in a very querulous
tone said "I'm sick and tired of people like you coming to the
lodge and talking about things like this."  I'd have been a
whole lot more horrified by this had I not seen two or three
dozen faces showing not only that they were aghast but that
this kind of thing had been said before more than once by this
guy.

Boris Orczula who was chairing the meeting handled it very
smoothly and we moved right along.

Tell me it wasn't you, Vince.