Bias etc.

Aug 21, 1997 12:05 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

The person in NYTS who said what he did about the Washington
book was indeed a national leader, former board member in
fact.  I don't think the folks who heard him say that would
take much note otherwise.  OF COURSE there is no obligation for
all Theosophists to read every book on Theosophy that comes
out.  However, I think anyone who claims a leadership role
should be willing to read the biggest book of the decade on the
subject, like it or not.  This from a person who has cause to
resent Washington for getting attention that might otherwise
have been paid to more scholarly books on HPB/Theosophy.
His book has major flaws but deserves to be read,

I don't think there's a single reason to exclude Tillett that
wouldn't also require exclusion of most Theosophical books.
Except that is for the real reason, which is that ES folks don't like
him for bursting their bubble, and don't want word to get out
about CWL.