Re: Blatant Sexism! - Eldon

Aug 19, 1997 08:14 PM
by Tom Robertson

Kym wrote:

>If Tom was making light of your wife or some other female you loved >because she was devastated over the loss of a much-needed job or other >opportunity due to someone thinking women don't measure up simply >because they are women, I doubt you would continue to think of Tom as >being so witty.

Is it possible that some feminists "make light" of men who didn't get
jobs, even though they were the most qualified for them, because the
employer was so afraid of the charges of sexism that feminists so
recklessly throw around?

Feminists should be glad that non-feminists point out when they have
gone too far, since it serves to make what is good about feminism more
credible and effective, by being more balanced.  Feminism needs heroes
like me.  Right?