Re: K advised Indian Politicians

Aug 18, 1997 11:14 AM
by ramadoss

At 01:34 PM 8/18/97 -0400, Drpsionic@aol.com wrote:

>>It was never and can never be anything other than ordinary property owned by
>>a local tax exempt organization.
>>

>Well, that may not be the case.  When it was originally purchased, HPB and
>the Colonel were travelling with diplomatic passports and they may have used
>that status in the purchase.
>
>Chuck the Heretic

Good point. The original property of I believe 10 acres and some buildings
were originally purchased by a group of local Theosophists and then was
transferred to the Theosophical Society. Later it was during Annie Besant's
time she bought rest of the property and now the total acreage is about
300+. I have not seen any indication of the property being in any way a
diplomatic one.

This is a good question for historian to dig into.