Re: Ancient Wisdom Revived

Aug 17, 1997 01:56 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

A. Safron wrote:
> Yes, I read it on the recommendation of KPJohnson.  I had
> asked several people for  for a good history of TS and most seemed
> to think anything written would be biased.

	All historical works have some bias. The key thing to remember is that
not all historical works are EQUALLY biased. It is an important goal of
any good historian to try to minimize the effects of bias on the
historical works. If Paul Johnson states a work is relatively unbiased,
I am inclined to take his word for it, until shown otherwise.

	Bart Lidofsky