Re: Satan - to Bart

Aug 15, 1997 02:16 PM
by Vincent Beall

theos-l@vnet.net wrote:

> From: "Dr. A.M.Bain" <guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk>

> Subject: Re: Satan - to Bart

> Even Jesus said we have
> to take heaven by storm!  Older Xtian mystics advocated similar
> approaches, telling contemplatives to keep on pestering God until they
> got a sensible response ....

Alan, you are probably making reference to the words of Paul in Hebrews
4:16 which in the KJV goes as follows:

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may
obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."

The revised version of this text uses the word confidently in place of
boldly. I suspect that most of the "violent" language in the new
testament writings has its source in Paul.

Vincent
--

vincent@dmv.com

http://home.dmv.com/~vincent/