Re: hearing about theos-l

Aug 14, 1997 01:38 PM
by A. Safron

----------
> From: Eldon B Tucker <eldon@theosophy.com>
> Subject: Re: hearing about theos-l
> Date: Thursday, August 14, 1997 2:36 PM
>
> Kym:
>
> >Theosophy is much more than book learning - reading the basic philosophy of
> >Theosophy is really only the naked beginning.
>
> True, but it depends on *what* books you read and if that reading stops
> at brain-mind study of arbitrary metaphysical assertions or continues
> until it penetrates to what might be called "mystery teachings" what you
> get out of the books. We need to awaken higher faculties than what we
> normally use to read and study books.

A couple of years ago I had flu and had to take it easy.  Sometimes
I was privileged to have lucid dreams which were quite entertaining.
But the best part was reading Anne Rice's "Exit Eden".  There was so
much information in there about the higher and lower faculties, I had to
put the book down every few pages just to think about it.

A. SAfron