Re: Doggie Doo Again

Aug 13, 1997 10:52 PM
by ramadoss

At 08:25 AM 8/13/97 -0400, A. Safron wrote:
>----------
>> From: JOSEPH PRICE <JKEITHPRICE@msn.com>
>> Subject: Doggie Doo Again
>> Date: Tuesday, August 12, 1997 3:47 PM
>>

>> Do you remember the early days of the INTERNET before the web.  It was so
>> exciting.  It is becoming more organized and commercial everyday.  I think
>> less and less people use the usenet group because the web has on-line
chat and
>> then there is IRC etc.  (am I wrong??)
>>
>> A lot has been gained, but the pioneering days seeming to be passing
before I
>> very cyber-eyes.  (a small tear ;>)
>>
>I use the web a lot for research.  I look at university papers, reports,
medical
-------------->>> clip  <<<<<<<<<<<<---------------------

>A. Safron

I have use e-mail extensively and with great effect and real savings of my
money and saved some trees as well in the process.

What is ironic and interesting is that with all the talk about Internet, TSA
is still very very behind on using e-mail, even though they have had e-mail
much longer than myself.

For example in the last 3 years, I may have received a handful of e-mail
msgs from TSA, while I have received numerous laser printed generated hard
copy letters by US Mail from TSA. These letters are laser printed on TSA
letter head on expensive paper (which even I could not afford and do not use
in my business correspondence with very very affluent clients) and
preprinted envelopes in same type of expensive paper (which I could not
afford.) I know first hand the relative costs of paper because I spend my
money every time I buy paper and envelopes and stamps.

May be with all the money coming from TSA coffers, it may not appear
significant and may not matter, especially with the downward trend of
membership and closing of lodges and selling off properties, there will be
lot more money in the bank to spend.

When the current generation which has grown up in computer age finally reach
the top of the TSA hierarchy -- which will be a quarter or half century --
TSA will come up to speed in using e-mail (because US mail may be obsolete
for normal correspondence due to cost and speed) and by that time most of us
may be dead and buried/cremated or otherwise disposed off.