Re: Creed and Cult

Aug 13, 1997 09:02 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

> But the TS *HAS* a creed and *IS* a cult :-(

	It has a doctrine, not a creed. I would, however, be interested in
seeing a definition of "cult" from a proper dictionary (note that
ANYBODY can call their dictionary, "Webster's", but certainly on the
acceptable list are Oxford, Merriem-Webster, Random House, and The
American Language.

> Reading the literature makes that crystal clear id the reader is
> objective.  Most TS members believe (for example) in reincarnation
> because the TS *teaches* it.  Etc. .......

	Well, actually, my belief in reincarnation is because the TS describes
it in a way that makes sense to me.

	Bart Lidofsky