Re: Jupiter direct

Aug 08, 1997 12:52 PM
by Vincent Beall

theos-l@vnet.net wrote:

> From: techndex@pacbell.net

> Subject: Re: Jupiter going direct?

> Hi Vincent,
>
> Jupiter's going direct is according to traditional astrology which is based
> on a geocentric view of the solar system. When a planet is retrograde, it
> appears to be going backward in the sky, though of course it actually
> isn't. (But, in astrology, symbolism is all-important.) It's simply an
> effect of where it is in it's orbit with respect to Earth's. Also, because
> of this effect, a planet can appear to stop in its orbit for a few days
> when going from retrograde motion to direct motion or vice versa. At that
> time, it's said to be stationary. (The Sun and Moon never go retrograde or
> stationary, BTW.) Hope this helps.
>
> Lynn
>

> Date: Fri, 8 Aug 97 17:41:49 UT
> From: "JOSEPH PRICE" <JKEITHPRICE@msn.com>

> Subject: Jupiter Direct

> Basically, a planet's energy is more direct, extroverted and positve when it
> is moving in the same direction around the some (from out geocentric
> position).  Of course, it is really direct all the time, but from our position
> it appears to go backward at times, or retrograde as it is called.
>
> A retrograd planet's effects are more indirect, diffused, introverted,
> brooding, but can have benefits to one who can benefit from meditation and
> hard lessons.
>
> The question I have is who is Kepler and what is a Kepler allignment?
>
> Namaste
> Keith

My thanks to you Lynn and Keith for your responses. My interest in
astrology has been on the back burner for a quite a while, just never
had time for it.

As to Kepler, Johannes Kepler was a Russian born Astrologer/Astronomer
who lived in Europe during the late 16th century. He actually cast
astrological charts and also contributed in the verification of the new
heliocentric astromomy developed by Copernicus. Kepler became devoted to
a proof that the planets orbiting the sun have distances between them
that match certain proportions that are found within the Platonic
Solids. He belived that the orbits of the planets were perfect circles
and could be inscribed on spheres. So as an example, if one inscribes a
tetrahedron within the sphere of the orbit of Jupiter then the orbit of
Mars lies on a sphere inscribed within the tetrahedron. In otherwords
the orbit of Jupiter has exactly three times the diameter of the orbit
of Mars in Keplers geometrical model.

Kepler kept working on his model until his death, but as new
observations of the planets provided a better picture of the solar
system much more work was required of Kepler to correct his model. His
geometrical model was well received until the death blow came; Isacc
Newton demonstrated, with his laws of motion, that the orbits were
eliptical and not circles.

Anyway, Kepler thought that the distances between the planetary orbits
were fixed and that the proportions were established by G-d to be the
same as ones found in the Platonic Solids.

Well, the planets actually do pass through many many of his
relationships, but of course only for moments during the course of their
orbits, and these moments are what I meant by saying Keplerian
alignments.

Jupiters orbit does compare to the orbit of Mars in a proportion of
three to one for moments, and Saturn to Jupiter as the square root of
three (about 1.7). These types of deliniations are part of heliocentric
astrology as I've heard tell of it.

Later...

Vincent

--