Re: Practical Application of Karma!

Aug 03, 1997 12:56 PM
by A. Safron

----------
> From: M K Ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com>
> Subject: Practical Application of Karma!
> Date: Tuesday, July 29, 1997 6:06 PM
>
> This was a story that has been written up. I do not know if it is real or
> just some one's fiction.
>
> Two cars were involved in an auto accident and both were expensive luxury
> cars. The owners were driving the cars. Owner/driver of one of the cars got
> out and went to the driver of second car and apologized to the him. The
> owner/driver of second car got out and hugged the other driver and told him
> that it was god that made the accident happen and hence not to worry about
> it since insurance company will take care of the damage and said we are all
> brothers.
>
> Normally in situations like this the drivers get emotional.

I think for most people there is a natural powerful emotional reaction
to automatically blame the other person, in order to avoid their own
guilt.  Keeping calm and sticking to the facts, like insurance,
drivers's license, address, phone number should focus people on
the details of getting the accident cleared away as quickly as possible
and out of the distraction of the street.  Unfortunately, I have found that
rarely to be so.  Most people are too emotionally focussed to do this,
but I did once encounter a lovelly young lady who was traveling with
her boyfriend and was in an accident.  He spoke only Polish, so she graciously handled
all the details.  There are sane people out there.

A. Safron