Re: Simplistic Teaching.

Aug 01, 1997 07:05 PM
by ramadoss

At 09:05 PM 8/1/97 -0400, Dr. A.M.Bain wrote:
>In message <199708010108.VAA28864@cliff.concentric.net>, "A. Safron"
><safron@concentric.net> writes
>>There is a project by two women named Brennan and Kettering in Olcott which
>>involves the purchase of a house not far from Olcott.  Last year, I hear
it was
>>being remodeled to use as a battered women's shelter, as well as food pantry.
>>However, TS was not used in the name of the project, as some conservative
>>and fundamentalist people who live in the area would have been made it
>>difficult for them to operate.
>
>The attitude of the people you mention is sad and sick news to hear.  I
>hope the project goes well, but remain appalled that a worthy and
>essential facility has to be undertaken in a semi-clandestine way by
>people who are - *theosophists*?  Gulp.
>
>Alan

   On rethinking based on your post, the two women should have gone ahead
and told the world that they are Theosophists and waited for reaction from
fundamentalists. Issues of this nature is worth fighting for and the media
and ACLU and other organizations would join in the fight for the shelter. If
it had taken place in San Antonio, I would have given my full support in
pursuing this course of action.