Re: Smoking

Aug 01, 1997 06:11 PM
by A. Safron

----------
> From: Dr. A.M.Bain <guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk>
> Subject: Smoking
> Date: Thursday, July 31, 1997 11:32 PM
>
> In message <3.0.2.32.19970731133941.006a33e0@pacbell.net>,
> techndex@pacbell.net writes
> >Folks can't be
> >satisfied with just pointing out the dangers of smoking and let people make
> >their own decisions nor even stop at banning smoking in public. Nooooo.
> >They have to try to FORCE everyone to quit, even in the privacy of their
> >own homes where the issue of second-hand smoke is irrelevant.

I was asthmatic as a child and allergic to cigarette smoke.  My mother, who
smoked, always smoked in another room of the house, the porch, where
the smoke would dissipate out the window.  She even put on a coat in winter
and smoked out there.  My father smoked cigars, but only outdoors.
If 2nd hand smoke is irrelevant, then they were clueless to that that notion.

A. Safron