Dolphins

Jul 31, 1997 03:20 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199707302108.RAA05223@leo.vsla.edu>, "K. Paul Johnson"
<pjohnson@leo.vsla.edu> writes
>One thing about the readings which bothers me is the denial
>that animals have individual souls.  In the case of dolphins
>and several other species, this just doesn't ring true.

Some theosophists claim the same lack of animal soul(s). Like you, I
don't accept this one bit.  Kabbalah speaks of the *nephesh* or *animal
soul* - which it refers to as part of US.  We live in animal bodies,
just like dolphins, cats, dogs, and probably all mammals.  It is
probably true (I would say certainly) that we all have grousp souls as
well, and on a much larger scale of things, a gigantic "mammalian" group
soul which includes ourselves, dolphins, cats, etc., etc.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk