Re: Pedophilia, not homosexuality

Jul 31, 1997 05:40 PM
by A. Safron

----------
> From: K. Paul Johnson <pjohnson@leo.vsla.edu>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <theos-l@vnet.net>
> Subject: Pedophilia, not homosexuality
> Date: Thursday, July 31, 1997 3:36 PM
>
> In support of Kym's point.  I once referred to CWL as gay to
> his biographer Greg Tillett.  Tillett pointed out that there is
> absolutely no evidence that CWL was ever sexually attracted to
> or involved with any adult of either sex.  Which means, in
> Tillett's view, that it is quite wrong to refer to him as a
> homosexual.  He was a pedophile, which is a completely
> different category.

Speaking from experience with another individual,  CWL's concern for
quite young men could have meant more than a sexual preference.
It could have meant a desire for power - power over one younger and less knowledgeable.
How impressive CWL must have been to these young boys.

> He did NOT live ahead of his time.  If he did now what he did
> then, he wouldn't get away with it.  We have become more
> understanding of homosexuality, and more conscious of the
> damage wrought by pedophiles

I beg to differ here. There are many people getting away with
quite a bit, and no one is stopping them.

A. Safron

.