Re: Battle between paper and cyber version

Jul 29, 1997 11:23 AM
by ramadoss

At 02:13 PM 7/29/97 -0400, kymsmith@micron.net wrote:
>Chuck wrote:
>
>>The publication cost with CD is so much lower that the profit margin
>>increases dramatically.  the problem is getting enough material on the damned
>>thing so the consumer thinks he's getting his money's worth.
>
>Oh, Chuckie, I know it was an innocent oversight, but ye neglected some
>sentient beings in your para: ". . .so the consumer thinks he/she is getting
>his/her money's worth."
>

>Kym

Corel Corporation which now owns Wordperfect has a solution. They pack all
and sundry older software (with updates) into a cd-rom so the users do
really get value for their money both in perceived and real terms. Same
could be done by authors. They can even consider putting some public domain
stuff to fill the cd to capacity. We are going to see some innovative
approaches. BTW I do not have any first hand experience in publishing matters.