Re: Still connected

Jul 27, 1997 02:05 PM
by Annette Rivington

> Mark:  you wrote"
> > Don't forget, one day there'll be legends of us and people will
> > romantically and mythologize us. Fantasized about what we were like
> and
> > project all there hope into visions of us ....
> >
> > Now look around you.

Well, Mark, I am looking around............
Can't see much that is the stuff of legends and mythology nowadays,
except perhaps that we are all being given the opportunity through
freedom of thought, speech, and communication at the speed of bytes, to
take up the challenge of understanding and love, without losing our
lives over it.

There seems to be a really strong energy moving us towards some
resolution, or perhaps there always has been and some people have always
responded to that "pull".

I think ( or rather hope that) the next round of mythology does not
contain a few "heros" or "sages", but numerous "regular Joes" who
quietly "see the light" and do it differently.  It's got to be more than
coincidence that so many of the people now coming into our lives, and
remaining important to us, are forcing us to understand each other, to
be compassionate and patient, to relegate to unimportance the factors of
gender, colour, race, and past indoctrinations.

Re: Reduction in members..........
Children always leave at a time when they think they know it all.  You
have to let them go to fly on their own, to try out all that stuff they
have been told about, to express their own wisdom in their individual
way.  If you let them, welcome them, they usually return later, to tell
you that you weren't so wrong, but this is how they see it.  Their
personal variation on a universal theme.

But who are these "ivory tower" types and "earthy types"?  I don't
understand!  We are all one, aren't we?
Hey, I don't even belong, but even I can see from these debates, that
inside each one of us is a Theosophist, whether acknowledged or not.
Love.  Annette.