Re: What's the point?

Jul 22, 1997 08:34 PM
by Jaqtarin Samantha Triele

I was always under the impression that the manvantara, whether it be
terrestrial, solar, or universal, was not simply an inbreath which
"cleared the chalkboard" and an outbreath which started the equation from
square one.  I had thought that the events of the previous manvantara were
saved on a hard drive, so to speak, with the hard drive being the innate
desire of the Absolute to once again spew its seed into the vacuum of
space.

The conclusions arrived at in the previous manvantara were the starting
points of the next.  Hmmm.  In other words, all that is really destroyed
is material, both spiritual and physical.  The evolved desires and
"intellect?" remain intact.  So once the pralaya ends, those who had
evolved to "supreme beings" in the previous manvantara will be the
"elohim" of the current one.  The "lost souls" are not really lost, but
because they had not held onto the "atmic thread", they start over as the
lowest on the totem pole.  It is arguable what the lowest actually is, but
I've read that the mineral kingdom is close.

Is it terrestrially accepted that karma determines your evolutionary
progress?  That seems quite silly.  If that was true, then the
"bodisvatta" of history would be limestone in the next outbreath.  I don't
think karma is quite as simple as "good" or "bad".  I think karma is
provided to test us.  Sure, we can create our own karma, but I don't think
the action that created the karma is what we learn by, is it?  One doesn't
learn directly from punishment and reward.  A child can say, "Ok, I just
got spanked."  That doesn't mean anything.  When the child says, "Ok, I
just got spanked because I flushed the family cat down the toilet," s/he
knows that the spanking was delivered as a result of her/his action.

A choice presents itself.  The child can either choose to ignore the
punishment and continue flushing the cat down the toilet, or s/he can come
to the conclusion that doing such things to the cat is immoral and can,
therefore, choose to rectify the situation by, 1) not doing it anymore,
and/or 2)giving the cat extra comforts which might balance out the fear
caused by the traumatic event.  This is where the evolution takes place.
If the child chooses to ignore the punishments, they will get worse.  If
the child chooses to simply not do it anymore, s/he has only kept
her/himself from getting punished any longer.  If the child chooses to
give the cat special comforts, s/he will evolve a new outlook.  An outlook
to give pleasure.

With respect to the above analogy, karma is simply a punishment (and
possibly a reward).  What you do ABOUT the karma is what helps you to
evolve.  So, IMO, it is better to help a friend (or stranger) in need,
despite the karma which the significant other might bestow upon you.  Not
only will you be evolving yourself, but her or him as well.

---
Jaqi.