Re: "She does rave betimes"

Jul 14, 1997 09:03 AM
by A. Safron

----------
> From: ramadoss@eden.com
> To: Multiple recipients of list <theos-l@vnet.net>
> Subject: Re: "She does rave betimes"
> Date: Sunday, July 13, 1997 5:35 PM
>
> At 05:50 PM 7/13/97 -0400, A. Safron wrote:
> >----------
> >> From: kymsmith@micron.net
> >> To: Multiple recipients of list <theos-l@vnet.net>
> >> Subject: "She does rave betimes"
> >> Date: Sunday, July 13, 1997 2:25 AM
> >>
> >> Well, far be it for me to nit-pick! but, in the recent issue of "Quest" (the
> >> teeny one), John Algeo addressed a reader who wrote about desiring an
> >> article which would discuss how the "Heaven's Gate tragedy" could never
> >> happen in Theosophy.  Algeo answered that the TS has "certain inherent
> >> protections against the sort of cult behavior. . .associated with groups
> >> like the Heaven's Gate organization.  Chief among those is the emphasis in
> >> Theosophy on personal responsibility and freedom from authoritarian
> >> dictation."
> >
> >It is also interesting that any research done on Heaven's Gate also
> >mentions the fact that Bonnie Nettles, one of the two leaders, was
> >a member of the Houston Theosophical Society.  She taught Herff what
> >she knew from that and then weaved into their own UFO philosophy.
> >
> >In the now-popular-book, "The Gods Have Landed", it states: "We are now
> >in a position to examine HPB's role  in shaping the (alien) contactee
> picture. . . .
> >LIttle recognzed, and certainly not emphasized by either Blavatsky or
> modern theosohists,
> >HPB included among the heierarchy a master who dwelt on Venus and with whom
> she was in
> >contact.  These masters she termed the Lords of the Flame and the Lord of
> This World, the Head
> >of the heirarchy for humanity."
> >

>   Indian scriptures have mentioned these Adepts - called Kumaras - from
> antiquity and is nothing new at least in that part of the world. What HPB
> did was to bring it to the attention of the modern world and more precisely
> explaine e Their position and the role They played in helping Man/Woman.
> Just to clarify.
>
> ..........doss

Yes, when Carl Sagan presented his Cosmos series, one of my husband's
Indian co-workers mentioned that.  It is we, westerners, that are ignorant
but seem to act superior about what we do not know.

Perhaps there is a sense of superiority in thinking one species is alone in
the universe and it's easy to laugh to other aliens.  Some of them are laughable,
when not backed by scientific investigation and common sense.  But, as the
late Sagan said, how could there be only humanity on God's pallette.

However, I would venture to say that most aliens are so different than us, it
will scare the wits out you if  you see them.  And MHO, is that there's a lot
of biological and scientific work going between the species.

A. Safron