Delusions of influence

Jul 02, 1997 06:16 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

Reading people's speculations about being guided by the Masters
makes me wanna... protest.  Since we don't even know for sure
when our higher self is guiding us, what point is there in
imagining someone else doing so?  The idea of near-omniscient
beings lurking around planting thoughts in chosen people's heads is
IMO weird and disgusting.  The Mahatma letters say specifically
that this is not their method; they "release enlightening
influences" in general and those who can pick up on them do so.