UGLY

Jun 26, 1997 06:13 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <33B258FB.412C@sprynet.com>, Bart Lidofsky
<bartl@sprynet.com> writes
>       While any young woman may join the Rainbow Girls, once they are adults,
>the only female Masonic organization they may join is the Order of the
>Eastern Star (I THINK that's the name), which is limited to women who
>are daughters, sisters, or wives of Masons; in other words, women who by
>the standards of the founding of the G.L.E., are the property of Masons.

It would have been better, I think, had you made this clear in your
original post!  As it read it seemed as though you subscribed to this
extreme position.  Here in the UK Grand Lodge masons use the
abbreviation U.G.L.E. (United Grand Lodge of England) and pronounce it
as an acronym: "UGLY" ..... many a true word is spoken in jest :-)

AB
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk