karma

Jun 27, 1997 12:14 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

Nathan, I know this to be a theosphical view, but I don't like to accept it.
For me this is too predetermined. And since I'm allowed to accept or reject
theosophical dicta, I'd rather choose to believe in the kind of Karma which
gives me a bit more leeway of control over my own destiny. If I felt I had
no control at all over my destiny, I'd give up.

I need to say again that I choose beliefs which I find dynamic. (They also
need to be moral.) If they're not dynamic, I discard them. I need to be able
to improve myself ... not stand still, go backwards, nor fight against
insurmountable odds all the time. I suppose it has something to do with that
I can't see beyond the movement of time.

Liesel