Re: Theosophy

Jun 22, 1997 11:13 AM
by ramadoss

At 02:08 PM 6/22/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I got the following message today and was wondering what others
>might suggest.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the request in this
>message? (for scholarships/financial support for people from
>poorer countries to attend theosophical conventions)
>
>-- Eldon
>
>>Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 03:15:46 +0300
>>From: Eugen Matota <eugenm@delos.ro>
>>To: eldon@theosophy.com
>>Subject: Theosophy
>>
>>Dear Sir,
>>
>>>From the beginning, sorry for my English, I'm writing from Romania,
>>where everybody's speaking Romanian...
>>
>>I'm very interested in Theosophy and, finding your message on the Net, I
>>decided to send you this email because I hope you can help to find an
>>answer to my problem.
>>
>>I don't intend to take to much of your time, so I'll be short:
>>I've been invited to attend to an International Seminary in Holland, at
>>The International Theosophical Centre in Naarden.
>>But I'm living in a country where the ticket to Amsterdam ($400)
>>represents half of the income for the whole year. Well, that's it..
>>
>>So, to be really short, I wonder if you could give an idea:  what to do
>>to receive a sponsorship. Is there a way to act in this kind of
>>situations?
>>
>>I will be very happy if you'll give me a hint.
>>
>>Your sincerely,
>>
>>Eugen Matota

I think if all of us join in we can come up with some solution.

Does anyone know about the affiliation of the Naarden Center and what is the
scope of the program in terms of the duration and who the speakers are and
what the topics are and what the objectives are. All this information will
help to get an overall picture of the program.