Re: TS Listserver

Jun 21, 1997 12:04 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

ramadoss@eden.com wrote:

> >It seems Olcott (TSA) has their own list moderated by Joan somebody.
>
>    Where did you hear about it? Another secret????

	The paranoia here is becoming ridiculous.

	I am getting REALLY sick of this "anything the TSA does is
automatically assumed to be evil, until proven otherwise, and maybe not
even then" attitude that seems to be prevalent here. People talk about
how the TSA supresses ideas, yet this group is every bit as supressive
as the TSA; it's just a different set of ideas which will get someone
thown in the gutter and kicked around.

	Have you ever asked TSA if they had a listserver? That's how I found
out about it. Nothing sinister, nothing terrible, I just simply ASKED.
That's all you, or anybody else here, needs to do.

	Now, if you ask them to send you the full source code, complete list of
subscribers, activity logs, error logs, etc., and they say no, it MIGHT
be because:

	A) Joan has promised privacy to subscribers, unless they specifically
give it up (as I have) and

	B) Joan is kind of new to all this, and she is just learning, and she
is way underpaid, and she may not have the TIME to get details, which,
in the end, are meaningless anyway.

	When I go up to Wheaton this summer, I have alread offered to help out
wherever my help is requested. But my problems with the list are
entirely technical in nature; for the hard work that Joan is doing, I
have nothing but praise.

	Bart Lidofsky