Re: militias

Jun 21, 1997 11:40 AM
by JRC

> Patrick wrote:
>
> > [ ... I suppose we can note and agree that a few fringe fanatics like
> > the Nazis or most liberals do not believe in basic human rights but in
> > coercively orchestrating society to make themselves feel good...and
> > these groups are separate from consitutional "militias" ... ]
	It isn't "liberals" who have told me I was a tool of satan for
studying HPB, cursed me as a killer for believing in a woman's right to
choose, fired a good friend of mine because she was gay, bombed 2 clinics
in Montana, and want prayers to the Christian god recited at school
functions. It was self-righteous conservatives. And they aren't interested
in making themsel;ves feel good - more like making sure anyone who
doesn't believe as they do feels bad ... Seems like whenever
conservatives talk about "basic human rights" it means the ones *they*
define ... on one else's definition is acknolwedged - and if some of them
had their way, other's definitions would land them in prison.
	A gay couple making love in Montana is committing a felony.
This, I suppose, is the conservative notion of "rights" - "You have the
basic human right to do anything our reading of the Bible tells you you
can ... anything else may get you imprisioned".
								-JRC