Re: Reality

Jun 16, 1997 05:10 PM
by Gerald Schueler

>I look at objective and subjective much differently than this.  The term
>"objective reality" is redundant, and the term "subjective reality" is an
>oxymoron.  All _objects_ of perception, whether physical or not, are
>_objective_.

I kinda agree with you, but can also go for objective and subjective
in the sense of inner vs outer "reality."  Take thoughts, for example.
In one sense they exist within us, in the mind, and thus are
normally considered subjective.  However, in the theosophical
sense, they are living "things" (according to G de P) that exist
objectively on the mental plane.  So it all gets pretty complicated.

Jerry S.
Membe, TI