Re: Misstatements

Jun 16, 1997 05:18 AM
by Bart Lidofsky

K. Paul Johnson wrote:
> schoolmasters?  What is your source for this assertion, Bart?

	I have read it from so many sources that I pretty much thought it was
common knowledge among historians. I suggest that you study the
etymology of the word "faggot", as a slang term for a homosexual. That
should lead you to all the proper sources (at least that's what happened
when I researched the term about 20 years ago).

	Bart Lidofsky