Re: The Ideal of Peace

Jun 15, 1997 06:41 PM
by Tom Robertson

On Sun, 15 Jun 1997 21:31:27 -0400 (EDT) kymsmith@micron.net writes:

>Oh, yeah - when that "Bedtime for Bonzo" person kept calling the
>Soviet Union the "evil empire," I just knew he was working for "peaceful
>co-existence."

I agree.  Carter would have made much more peace than Reagan did.  We
would have laid down all our weapons, and said "let us have peace," and
the Soviet Union would have responded: "yes, let's all be one big, happy
family," just as they told Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Poland, etc.
And even if they were aggressive towards us, we still could have
protested.