Re: patrickstats

Jun 15, 1997 01:09 PM
by Patrick Alessandra Jr.

> And I suppose shooting other people is an inalienable right.

     Funny...as long as you agree that others have the right to shoot
you BEFORE you shoot them :)

     A "right" is a freedom that does not take away the same right from
others...I know this can lead to an adventurous discussion....

     so shooting someone is not a right as this would take away their
freedom to shoot you...UNLESS you are shooting them to prevent them from
shooting you...directly and individually...

     ...so health care is not a right (although it would be free for all
if we had resource based economics) but camping on private property is a
right...and so on

Shanti,