"Spiritual evolution."

Jun 14, 1997 04:33 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <Pine.OSF.3.95.970614102228.23527A-100000@selway.umt.edu>,
JRC <jrcecon@selway.umt.edu> writes
>"Spiritual evolution", (IMO) is a state in which a population has
>become so generally appalled at the thought of violence, weapons, and the
>glamour of the attacking/defending modality (generated by the brain stem,
>not higher thought) that no one is armed, and no one feels the need to be.

Which, curiously enough, is the general opinion among UK citizens.

>The ideal is *not* a state wherein criminals are as full of fear as the
>rest of the citizenry because *everyone's* ready to shoot.

Criminals here who use guns would use them whether or not the populace
were armed. If we were all armed though, the chance of the criminal
shooting first would multiply.  Some of them carry them, but as a
threat, and they often turn out to be dummy ones.  The reason? If they
carried real ones, they would get much longer sentences.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk