On past issues (some questioning)

Jun 14, 1997 11:50 AM
by Romero Cortez D.Ma

Someone wrote:

> One of the reasons I continue to harp on the "Big T" theme is that it tends
> to put the big nail in HPB's coffin rather than the little nail which can be
> pried off by an individual who has a little intuition (and just in general is
> a good s(S)elf-observer).

Seems i do not understand well that you writed. please be more clear.

And Alan wrote:

> >Our fine, departed friend Alexis used to talk about "process theosophy."
>
> .. and still does via http://www.parascience.org
>
> Alan

I saw the site you put as a link, Alan.
I saw the Theosophy seccion.Really, what i read there was terrible.
On C.W.Leadbeater, the case (accused as a child molester)
Maybe was the first time the pepole protested on a supposed case of
pedophilia, because, if we remember, still in the forties, was a normal
thing , that adult men married small childs on puberty (remember well
the case of Lewis Carroll, that was in love of the small 10-12 year old
Alice, in Blavatsky's epoque) And in third world countries, is still a
common practice, in the native and poor pepole.Of course, the homosexual
cases, they were common in that age also, and in childs too.
I'm not trying to justify anything, as i said, i do not belong to any
theosophical organization, and i do not pretend to, because i think it
restrains my liberty to make a accurate judgement.
But, i think, let us be not so severe on that.
You weren't born in that age,Alan, so, none of us can put hands on fire
to believe faithfully on the veracity of the testimonies of that epoque.
That thing (The CWLeadbeater case) remains me on the Woody Allen issue,
the Michael Jackson issue, those famous cases (Invented or not) that
only serve to make noise and appart our minds on the real and
problematic issues (As gun control, for example)
I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS THE TRUE IN THAT SUBJECT. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN
INNOCENCE ON LEADBEATER, BUT ALSO DO NOT BELIEVE IN HIS GUILTYNESS.
IS A MATTER OF SEARCHING THE TRUTH INSIDE THE HALF TRUTHS AND LIES.
Search with the heart, i only can say. and let us not ruin the memory of
a person as they did with Oscar Wilde. that's why the pepole do not
believe in scandals. they still will keep with the true they believe,
even if Oprah would presented them.
As i said, that issues distract us of the real problem.
The gun control.
On that issue, i only can say one thing: speaking on my situation here
in Mexico: The gun flow always will go to the pepole that doesn't need
them (as bad policeman and ex-policeman turn into delinquents) and they
will use them to do damage.Try to enter the reality of the subjects. try
to feel it deep within. understand the problem in all the points, inside
and outside, as a yogi would do it. is not so hard.only requires that we
use our mind in that. the problem is that most of us don't dediquate
enough time to think.We let other pepole think for ourselves.
For my thinking, the problem is not gun control, but the pepole. the
pepole that use the guns, and the pepole that regulates the problem.
Remember that each of us are regulated by two oposite forces. the thing
is make a balance of that, and follow the truth within. the problem with
guns is that, as a devise make expressly TO MAKE DAMAGE, the karma of
the object (and the purpose for was it made) will ALWAYS do damage, even
if it is to defend someone. but let us not be so severe.think, my fellow
friends, and try to see the problem on all of the sides, inside, outside
and around. that way will comprehend more the problem. be a supposing
child molesting accusation (I believe the same to Mia as to Woody) as to
the philosophical question of the gun control: is only a matter of
judgenent. in Mexico, a very famous comercial said something of a glass
of water at half. some pepole see the glass half-empty. some see it
half-full. a matter of question.
Alan, i really care and apretiate you. you are very cleaver and wise. if
you believe what you wrote in that seccion, is okay.is your truth. i
believe that many pepole are envious, and make gossip, and evil talking
on others, because pepole with brilliant success are propense to that. I
do not know if Leadbeater was innocent, but also i do not know if he was
guilty.after all,if it was or wasn't, is a matter of importance only to
him, because is he's karma, we do not have to interfer, especcialy if
the matter was too many years ago.
I still care of you, and of my friends here in theos-l, and consider you
my friend. Your ideas or mine will never make me change my mind. is
true, we have to be critical, and that is the knowledge you taught me.
and i'm very glad of that. we do not have to be followers of any thing.
Well, is a very very long post...i'll think i will hibernate for a while
after that, phew..
Estrella