Re: Oath of the Abyss

Jun 09, 1997 05:48 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199706092150.RAA06126@NetGSI.com>, Gerald Schueler
<gschueler@netgsi.com> writes
>To do this, you simply take a vow to agree to view each and
>every event that happens to you as if it were a direct communication
>from God.  You must act as if God himself is watching your every
>move and thought, and is directing your path on a continuous basis.
>This can be done very effectively without any particular belief in
>God and has nothing to do with religion.  Here God can be considered
>as a Mahaguru or disembodied omniscient Nirmanakaya if you like.
>This makes the everyday mundane things that daily happen to us
>take on inner or secret meanings, and makes us watch what we
>do.  Our life becomes meaningful and everything we do has purpose.
>This is a Western equivalent to chelaship, where the guru
>is your own Higher Self, including your conscience.  As with
>chelaship, all hell breaks lose, and you discover many things
>going on in your daily life that you never noticed before.  It is
>a very hard vow to keep, and like chelaship, should not be taken
>lightly.

IMHO, this is better undertaken *without* a vow - it is much harder to
keep to, but has less kick-back, while every action taken with this
approach as something to aspire to is a *voluntary* action taken on the
path to Understanding, Knowledge and Wisdom.

Respectfully,

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk